[Dovecot] 1.0.rc28 / v1.0 plans

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 23 23:14:58 EET 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 17:03 -0400, John Peacock wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > 	* deliver + userdb static: Verify the user's existence from passdb,
> > 	  unless allow_all_users=yes
> > 	+ deliver: Ignore -m "" parameter to make calling it easier.
> > 	+ deliver: Added new -n parameter to disable autocreating mailboxes.
> > 	  It affects both -m parameter and Sieve plugin's fileinto action
>
> Is deliver supposed to work out of the box (not talking about sieve
> yet)?  I have been testing it per the instructions here:
>
> 	http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Qmail

That describes a way to make deliver work with system users. I wasn't
sure if Qmail could be set up another way, so I didn't change that.
Updated it now.

> and with a message that already has the correct Return-Path: and
> delivered (anywhere, AFAICT), even though I get a:
>
> 	deliver(vpopmail): Info: msgid=: saved mail to INBOX
>
> message at the commandline.  If I do it this way instead:

I suppose it went to vpopmail user's INBOX (/var/mail/vpopmail?)

> 	| /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $EXT@$USER
>
> it works properly (i.e. it is delivered to the correct user).  Is the
> message parsing part of deliver not functioning?

-d makes it work with virtual users. I'm not sure why it didn't show
Message ID in the log line. Did your message have it? Or did preline add
an empty line in the middle of the headers for some reason?