[Dovecot] 1.0.rc28 / v1.0 plans

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 23 23:29:42 EET 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 17:21 -0400, John Peacock wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > That describes a way to make deliver work with system users. I wasn't
> > sure if Qmail could be set up another way, so I didn't change that.
> > Updated it now.
>
> I'm actually using vpopmail for virtual users, so I'm just as happy to
> force the issue with '-d', but I wanted to make you aware that it isn't
> apparently able to parse the message.

I don't understand why you think it's not able to parse the message.
What do you think it should be parsing from it?

> > I suppose it went to vpopmail user's INBOX (/var/mail/vpopmail?)
>
> Nope, nothing there either.  I can do a full scan of the drive, but I
> suspect it is in the ether... ;-)

It logged that it was saved, so it did save it somewhere. It used
"vpopmail" as the username for saving, so it most likely saved it
wherever your mail_location points, but:

 - %h and ~/ expands to whatever $HOME environment contained when
delivered was started
 - %n and %u expands to vpopmail
 - %d expands to empty

Based on that logic I think you should be able to find the message.

> > -d makes it work with virtual users. I'm not sure why it didn't show
> > Message ID in the log line. Did your message have it? Or did preline add
> > an empty line in the middle of the headers for some reason?
>
> This is the entire message:

OK, so it didn't have Message-ID header so everything seemed to work
correctly. :)