[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v3 for dovecot 1.0.rc28

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 28 01:09:55 EEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 23:01 +0200, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> Timo Sirainen schreef:
> > On 26.3.2007, at 22.59, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> >
> >> I coined this in my previous e-mail: if the master process could
> >> provide some means of dynamically registering new process types
> >> (protocols), e.g. through plugins, it should not be difficult to
> >> incorporate this managesieve implementation in dovecot-sieve entirely.
> >> Also, this plugin solution could be implemented/complemented by your
> >> single-login-process idea.
> >
> > Yea. Although I think this will have to wait for Dovecot v2.0 which has
> > my rewritten master/config code. There the master process really doesn't
> > know anything about different protocols, they're all configured in a
> > config file.
> Nice. Is v2.0 available already trough CVS somewhere?

Not currently. CVS branches are kind of annoying to deal with, so I just
keep it updated by "cvs up"ing once in a while and fixing the
conflicts. :) You can get it from
http://dovecot.org/tmp/dovecot-2.0-prealpha.tar.gz though. Plugins won't
compile yet and TODO.rewrite has a list of features still missing.

> Btw, if this is
> going to wait until v2.0, do you have any other ideas on how to merge
> managesieve and dovecot-sieve? Or do you want to wait with that until
> v2.0 as well?

I don't currently really have any ideas.

BTW. v2.0 isn't probably that far away. v1.0 should be out in a few
weeks. v1.1/v1.2 (not sure which one I want to call the second stable
branch) shouldn't hopefully take too many months to stabilize from the
current CVS HEAD. So I'm hoping v2.0 code is in CVS HEAD by the next
summer or so. :)