[Dovecot] vpopmail "last auth" question

B. Cook bcook at poughkeepsieschools.org
Wed Mar 28 22:17:58 EEST 2007

Hello,

I run the domain for the school here with qmail and vpopmail on FreeBSD
with dovecot from the ports.

I'm running dovecot 1.0.r26 and everything is working great.

I been noticing that dovecot isn't updating when the user last logged
in.. and I can't seem to figure out why.  I also can't seem to find
anything in the archives about it.. so am I the only one?

name:   bcook
passwd: $1$
clear passwd:
comment/gecos: B. Cook
uid:    0
gid:    0
flags:  0
gecos: B. Cook
limits: No user limits set.
dir:       /usr/local/vpopmail/domains/poughkeepsieschools.org/bcook
quota:     41943040S
usage:     72%
account created: Wed Oct 18 21:09:03 2006
last auth: Never logged in

I'm wondering how I could get the 'last auth' to populate like it used
to w/ courier.

below is my config if it will help:

protocols = imap imaps pop3

listen = *
disable_plaintext_auth = no
ssl_disable = no
ssl_cert_file = /long/path/to/file.pem
ssl_key_file = /long/path/to/file.pem
verbose_ssl = yes
login_user = dovecot

login_process_size = 64
first_valid_uid = 89
last_valid_uid = 89
first_valid_gid = 89

protocol imap {
   mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
   imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail outlook-idle netscape-eoh
tb-extra-mailbox-sep
}

protocol pop3 {
   pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
   pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
}

auth default {
   mechanisms = plain
   passdb vpopmail {