[Dovecot] 1.0.rc29 released

Geert Hendrickx ghen at telenet.be
Sat Mar 31 20:34:31 EEST 2007

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 08:32:40AM -0400, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> My one concern about dovecot is the "feeping creaturism" in the code.
> Why does it have to be an LDA?  That is what procmail is for.  And
> designing your own mailbox format (dbox?) seems dangerous too.  I would
> have it stick to POP and IMAP, period.  But then it is not my code
> either.  It works great for IMAP, which is what I need.

Using the Dovecot LDA will improve POP3/IMAP performance, as the index
files are being updated on delivery instead of login time.  So it sure
makes sense to combine the LDA with the POP3/IMAP daemon.  An as soon as
those are combined, the actual mailbox format (mbox/maildir/dbox) is just
an internal interface for dovecot.

	Geert