[Dovecot] read only bug?

Nagyon Almos b17 at freemail.hu
Sat May 5 00:09:41 EEST 2007

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
I have some read only maildirs outside my home.
Actually those files and directories does not belong to
me, I am only a member of the group which can read those
files and change to those directories.
This is a bit overworried security:
not to loose any data by accident deletion.

I was happy to be able to use those read-only maildirs in mutt,
therefore I tried to make it work under dovecot.
I did not want all my emails in one folder, it would be too big,
that is why I sorted them into very-old folder and not-so-old-and-recent
folder. Hence the very-old folder does not change (except once a year or so).
And I was happy when I saw that dovecot supports read-only maildirs.
(And for some reasons, dovecot wants to rename the mail from cur to new!)

So my questions is:
Can I disable this renaming feature somehow?

ACLs are great, but this option would be only the next,
if this filesystem-permission approach fails to work.

Regards,
A.