[Dovecot] .imap files

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Tue May 8 19:14:40 EEST 2007

L. Scott Loftin wrote:
> Dovecot version: 1.0.rc7
>
> I have recently upgraded from Fedora Core 4 to Fedora Core 6 (the FC6 was a
> Is there a way to either convert the .imap* files into the new dovecot.*
> files or any way to recover the email that anyone knows about?

FC4 used the older 0.99 dovecot installs (0.99.14 it looks like), you
will need to read the Wiki and docs, and migrate your Dovecot config to
the newer style -- once you do that, I bet everything will start working
as intended.

   http://wiki.dovecot.org/UpgradingDovecot

Before even starting, the first thing I'd do is upgrade to the actual
1.0.0 release, there were... 25(?) further release candidates beyond
rc7. Axel has an RPM ready for you:

   http://atrpms.net/dist/fc6/dovecot/

hth,
-te