[Dovecot] Thinking Outside the Box - Extending IMAP

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Sun May 13 17:25:49 EEST 2007

I vote for making a custom Thunderbird plugin that will have a standard
"blacklist/whitelist" for the exact sender or the whole domain (like
Outlook 2003's junk handling.)  E.g. I could black/whitelist
"marc at perkel.com" or "perkel.com."  This would then send the "execute
blacklist <data>" command and the server-side will then be custom to
whatever you need.

E.g. you say your black/whitelists are in text files, mine are in a
PostgreSQL database, but the front-end client interface would be exactly
the same regardless.

It depends if Thunderbird plugins can interact with the IMAP connection,
as most of the plugins I've seen are all client-side functions.

Andy.