[Dovecot] Will pay $500 towards a Dovecot feature = calender ?

Geert Hendrickx ghen at telenet.be
Thu May 24 19:55:53 EEST 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 08:50:11AM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Keep in mind that one of the reasons people buy Exchange is because
> Exchange does things that people want. A calendar is one of many
> examples. But to start with I'm thinking more in terms of controlling
> server side email settings.

Also keep in mind that people dump Exchange because it's slow, complex and
buggy, whereas Dovecot is mean and lean.

Remember the old UNIX paradigm -- do one thing and do it well.  Dovecot is
an IMAP server, and does the job well.  A calendaring server is an entirely
different beast, and should be seperate from the pop3/imap server, even if
only to improve security and reliability.

	Geert