[Dovecot] v1.0.6 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 2 16:50:41 EET 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 14:31 -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Sunday, October 28 at 03:16 AM, quoth Timo Sirainen:
> >	* SORT: If Date: header is missing or broken, fallback to using
> >	  INTERNALDATE (as the SORT draft nowadays specifies).
>
> Since this is a subject I looked at before, I'm rather curious. Where
> in the SORT draft does it say to fall back to INTERNALDATE?

Just search for INTERNALDATE :)

       DATE
          Sent date and time from the Date: header, adjusted by time
          zone.  This differs from the SENTON criteria in SEARCH, which
          uses just the date and not the time, nor adjusts by time zone.
          If the sent date can not be determined (a Date: header is
          missing or can not be parsed), the INTERNALDATE for that
          message is used as the sent date.

Treating invalid time as 00:00:00 should probably be done at some point,
but it's a pretty rare problem and also a SHOULD, not a MUST :)