[Dovecot] Sieve error messages (sieve 1.1.2, dovecot 1.1b6)

mikkel at euro123.dk mikkel at euro123.dk
Sun Nov 4 14:09:17 EET 2007

Sorry for spamming the list today:)

I’m getting a lot of these errors in the deliver log:

deliver([recipient]): [date] Info: sieve runtime error: Fileinto: Generic
Error
deliver([recipient]): [date]:18 Error:
sieve_execute_bytecode([path-to-sieve]) failed
deliver([recipient]): [date] Info: msgid=<[msgid] >: save failed to
[foldername]: Quota exceeded

In this case the account is over the defined Dovecot quota limit. Dovecot
knows what to do but sieve seems to throw its standard error message.
Is there something wrong with Sieve or is it just that the error is
misleading?

This has been present in all v1.1.x I think (some changes was made to the
error messages in b3 or b4 but believe this didn’t change).

Regards, Mikkel