[Dovecot] Sent vs Sent Items

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Nov 4 23:51:11 EET 2007

Religious wars about which is "best" aside - some mail clients seem to
default to using "Sent Items" folder for saving sent mail, and others
(many) default to "Sent".

Seems that in the interests of compatibility and "doing the right thing"
(tm) that a symlink from one folder to the other name would ensure that
either default would give the same result (in a mixed client setup)?

However, I wonder if someone has already written a plugin to do
something simple like this?  More generally I guess it's folder
aliasing, so that Sent == Sent Items and perhaps there are also synonyms
for Drafts/Templates?

Anyone got any thoughts on this simple idea? (The prob with sym links is
a) creating them at mailbox setup time and b) what happens when someone
tries to delete the folder...)

Cheers

Ed W