[Dovecot] Migrating from 0.99 to 1.0 - questions before upgrading

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 00:53:21 EET 2007

I order to investigate a locking problem, people in this forum
suggested to upgrade from 0.99 to 1.0. Which is obviously a good
response.
However I have some special setup in dovecot.conf and I want to know
if I will break something if I upgrade.

So, here is my dovecot.conf 0.99
Note: Here are the only changes I made, the rest of the parameters
were not touched and are #commented

protocols = imap pop3 imaps pop3s
imap_listen = *
pop3_listen = *
imaps_listen = *
pop3s_listen = *
ssl_disable = no
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
login_dir = /var/run/dovecot-login
##
## IMAP login process
##

login = imap
login_process_per_connection = no

##
## POP3 login process
##

login = pop3
mail_extra_groups = mail postfix 1000
default_mail_env = mbox:/var/mail/virtualmail/%d/%n
client_workarounds = oe6-fetch-no-newmail outlook-idle outlook-pop3-no-nuls
mbox_locks = fcntl

# Authentication process name.
auth = default
auth_mechanisms = plain
auth_userdb = static uid=1000 gid=1000 home=/var/mail/virtualmail/%d/%u
auth_passdb = passwd-file /etc/postfix/dovecotpasswd
auth_user = root
auth_verbose = yes

Thanks in advance for your help

Erick Perez