[Dovecot] Namespace Question

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Oct 3 18:43:18 EEST 2007

> Okay, I feel pretty stupid now.  It was not a problem with namespaces
> at all.  But, I think there is a problem somewhere.  I had the phone
> setup to display the last 30 days of messages.  When I would sync it
> up, it did not display any messages.  That is why I thought something
> was messed up with the namespaces.  So, I changed the setting to
> display All messages and then they appeared.  I currently have 20
> messages in my inbox, of which 17 of those are in the past 30 days.
> So, what would have changed between version 1.0.5 and 1.1beta2 to
> somehow make the phone think all of the messages are older than 30 days?
>
> On a side note, none of my folders were displaying.  That is also why
> I thought the namespaces were messed up.  It turns out I needed to
> select Show All Folders.  Once I did that all of my folders appeared.
>
> I apologize for wasting anybody's time on the namespace problem.  But,
> I do think there is a problem with the date being sent over the IMAP
> connection.

It still partly looks like a namespace issue.  You probably weren't
seeing the folders because you would have been subscribed to a slightly
differently named version of each folder, say with "INBOX." prefixed on
to it.  Been through the same when changing namespaces here on dumb clients

I bet there is a "folder prefix" option in your client.  There is in
Outlook Express / Outlook for example.

Ed W