[Dovecot] Namespace Question

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Wed Oct 3 04:12:32 EEST 2007

Jeff Grossman wrote:
> I looked through all of the 1.1 announcements and did not see it.  I also
> looked at the wiki page talking about the 1.0 to 1.1 upgrade, nothing
> there.
>
> I think the windows mobile device is looking for an INBOX. prefix where my
> other setup (Thunderbird, Outlook, and Squirrelmail) are not looking for a
> prefix.  Can somebody help me with setting that up in Dovecot?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Okay, I feel pretty stupid now.  It was not a problem with namespaces at
all.  But, I think there is a problem somewhere.  I had the phone setup
to display the last 30 days of messages.  When I would sync it up, it
did not display any messages.  That is why I thought something was
messed up with the namespaces.  So, I changed the setting to display All
messages and then they appeared.  I currently have 20 messages in my
inbox, of which 17 of those are in the past 30 days.  So, what would
have changed between version 1.0.5 and 1.1beta2 to somehow make the
phone think all of the messages are older than 30 days?

On a side note, none of my folders were displaying.  That is also why I
thought the namespaces were messed up.  It turns out I needed to select
Show All Folders.  Once I did that all of my folders appeared.

I apologize for wasting anybody's time on the namespace problem.  But, I
do think there is a problem with the date being sent over the IMAP
connection.

Jeff