[Dovecot] Dovceot user pop3 last connect info?

Tim Tyler tyler at beloit.edu
Thu Oct 4 18:49:40 EEST 2007

    Dovecot experts,
   I am a newbie to Dovecot.  I am in the process of replacing
qpopper with dovecot to support pop 3 clients.  I have installed the
latest version of Dovecot on Fedora Core 6.  Everything seems to be
working fine using ldap, etc.
   However, with qpopper, I used to have .pop.username files which
would give me a time stamp of the last time a user established a pop3
connection.  I know that Dovecot has logs of connection in the
/var/log/maillog files, but these files rotate out over a relatively
short period of time.  Is there a method by which one can keep track
of the last time a pop3 connection was established for each user when
using Dovecot?

Tim Tyler
Network Engineer - Beloit College
tyler at beloit.edu