[Dovecot] trouble deleting folders that only contain folders

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Sat Oct 6 16:22:43 EEST 2007

Ken A wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 21:17 -0500, Ken A wrote:
>>> x list "" dir
>>> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "dir"
>>> x OK List completed.
>>> x delete dir
>>> x NO Mailbox isn't selectable: dir
>>
>> That looks like it's trying to open the mailbox before deleting it. What
>> plugins do you use?
>>

> quota imap_quota

Confirmed that it has something to do with plugins.
If I comment out "mail_plugins = quota imap_quota" line in imap section,
I can delete folders.

x delete dir
x OK Delete completed.

My quota is a simple fs quota, config taken from
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/FS

protocol imap {
   mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
}
plugin {
   quota = fs
}

The quota usage is being reported correctly in squirrelmail, and works
properly on the system (fedora core 7). Any ideas what might be causing
this?

Thanks,
Ken

--