[Dovecot] verbose_proctitle for proxy processes?

Onno Molenkamp onno at flox.org
Fri Oct 12 22:27:01 EEST 2007

Hi,

We're using Dovecot to proxy incoming POP3 and IMAP connections to the right
server. We'd like to be able to see what connections are currently open on
the proxy servers, without having the parse the log file.

For normal mail processes it's possible to use verbose_proctitle for this
purpose, but this setting doesn't work for proxy/login processes. Is it
possible to do something similar for proxy processes? Even without displaying
the username and IP address, it would be useful to be able to see the
difference between normal (idle/active) login processes, and proxy processes.

Onno