[Dovecot] Homedir Access without exposing whole Homedir.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 21 00:35:39 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 19:27 -0400, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

> What I thought would be useful for this is make the default namespace "",
> but set it hidden.  Then define a secondary namespace (mail) and use that.

Most clients don't use namespaces at all, so having a hidden ""
namespace is pretty pointless. v1.1 actually gives an error message if
you try to do that.

> Is there a simple way to do what I want?

Nope. Probably the best way would be to make Dovecot use only ~/mail/
and create some script that finds all files looking like mbox and moves
them there.