[Dovecot] Problem building Dovecot from hg

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Oct 21 19:17:38 EEST 2007

I did an hg pull; hg update, and now my Dovecot working copy doesn't
build:

../../src/lib-storage/index/dbox/libstorage_dbox.a(dbox-file.o): In
function `dbox_file_metadata_get':
/home/paulproteus/dnlds/dovecot/src/lib-storage/index/dbox/dbox-file.c:820:
undefined reference to `dbox_file_maildir_metadata_get'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [imap] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/paulproteus/dnlds/dovecot/src/imap'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/paulproteus/dnlds/dovecot/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paulproteus/dnlds/dovecot'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I made it compile on my system by commenting out the return on that line
and making it return NULL, but presumably you want it to actually do
something. (-:

-- Asheesh.

--
Virtue does not always demand a heavy sacrifice -- only the willingness
to make it when necessary.