[Dovecot] Duplicate message

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 27 19:20:10 EEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 14:58 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I just wondered though why I get the duplicate messages,
> and if there is some simple way to avoid them?

There are two possibilities:

1) The messages really get saved twice.

2) IMAP client copies the message to the same mailbox duplicating it.

I guess you use maildir? Set maildir_copy_with_hardlinks=yes. Then see
if the duplicated mails are hardlinks (e.g. stat to see if inodes are
same or if ls -l shows >1 links). Or you could enable mail-log plugin
and see if it shows "copy" lines for the message.