[Dovecot] Assertion failed: (pos < input->size)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Oct 22 09:08:08 EEST 2007

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> Well, hg bisect doesn't seem to be helping me find the answer.  I fear
> that the real problem is in base64_decode, but for now I'm going to
> sleep instead of drowsily being confused by a debugger.

For what it's worth,
http://paulproteus.acm.jhu.edu/bug-report/2007-10-22/index_crash.tar.gz
causes this assertion fail consistently.  This is a tarred-up Maildir
(with Dovecot metadata you can feel free to remove) with one message in
it.

I don't currently have a clue what's going on, but having a small test
case may be of use.

-- Asheesh.

--
Help!  I'm trapped in a Chinese computer factory!