[Dovecot] Assertion failed: (pos < input->size)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Oct 22 08:27:47 EEST 2007

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> I'm looking at this in ddd, but my compile of Dovecot doesn't seem to
> have the "pos" local anymore, which is extremely confusing.

Still can't find it.  I'm very confused.  PEBKAC is possible but I don't
see how.

It may have something to do with the way scope works inside switch
statement cases.

> Do you want help with this?  I'm going to see if hg bisecting (the
> latest tool I have...) is any use.  If you know what the problem is and
> don't need help, feel free to let me know!

Well, hg bisect doesn't seem to be helping me find the answer.  I fear
that the real problem is in base64_decode, but for now I'm going to sleep
instead of drowsily being confused by a debugger.

-- Asheesh.

--
QOTD:
 	Some people have one of those days.  I've had one of those lives.