[Dovecot] SSL/TLS with Outlook client

Eli Sand dovecot-list at elisand.com
Thu Oct 25 18:38:25 EEST 2007

Rick wrote:
> You could try the old import trick - do https://mail.elisand.com:993 and
> accept the cert in IE.  Outlook should then just accept it.

Thanks Rick - that's a neat trick I didn't even know/think about.  However,
after trying it (IE7 doesn't seem to let you save invalid certs btw, in my
experience anyways) - it just confirmed that the certificates I'm trying are
both valid.  After I waited for the IMAP session to time out (so I'd see
output in the browser), the "security audit" for IE showed that the
certificate (tried both mail.elisand.com and *.elisand.com) are OK.

Eli.