[Dovecot] dovecot dspam plugin using libdspam

Marcin Michal Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Fri Sep 7 15:33:07 EEST 2007

Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
> On 13:56:24 2007-09-07 Marcin Michal Jessa <lists at yazzy.org> wrote:
>
>> Andreas Schneider wrote:

>>> Yes, this would be possible, but first the current code should be
>>> tested ;)
>>>
>>> Thanks for the suggestion.
>>>

>> Just out of curiosity, how would having multiple spam folders be useful?
>> Or do you mean a kind of "mirroring" of the spam folder with different
>> language variations?
>> Like Junk is not used by Thunderbird with localization support, it
>> creates a different name for the Junk folder depending on the language
>> it is set up for.
>>

> For one thing users would be left to their own naming....
>
> I.e. some would name it Junk some spam some bulk others something else
> again... The way I see it it would all behave like the same folder just make
> it interchangeable... Could even add the user the ability to designate a
> folder for spam by $var in a db or some such...
>
> Same for trash...
>
> I prefer user choice to something being predefined for all the same...

I agree, that would be a neat thing. But how would you be able to cover
all the folder names users can come up with?
And what if user creates two folders, one called Junk and one called Spam?
Would both show the same thing?
Having a web interface only lets you make some certain choices for the
user and disallow her
performing certain operations.
With a normal MUA you can't really do that. Users will be creating all
kinds of different folder names expecting them to work.

Marcin.