[Dovecot] dovecot dspam plugin using libdspam

"Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" ruskie at mages.ath.cx
Fri Sep 7 16:19:37 EEST 2007

On 14:33:07 2007-09-07 Marcin Michal Jessa <lists at yazzy.org> wrote:
> Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:

> >> Just out of curiosity, how would having multiple spam folders be
> >> useful? Or do you mean a kind of "mirroring" of the spam folder with
> >> different language variations?
> >> Like Junk is not used by Thunderbird with localization support, it
> >> creates a different name for the Junk folder depending on the
> >> language it is set up for.
> >>

> > For one thing users would be left to their own naming....
> >
> > I.e. some would name it Junk some spam some bulk others something else
> > again... The way I see it it would all behave like the same folder
> > just make it interchangeable... Could even add the user the ability
> > to designate a folder for spam by $var in a db or some such...
> >
> > Same for trash...
> >
> > I prefer user choice to something being predefined for all the same...
> >
> I agree, that would be a neat thing. But how would you be able to cover
> all the folder names users can come up with?
> And what if user creates two folders, one called Junk and one called
> Spam? Would both show the same thing?
> Having a web interface only lets you make some certain choices for the
> user and disallow her
> performing certain operations.
> With a normal MUA you can't really do that. Users will be creating all
> kinds of different folder names expecting them to work.

Hence why the plugin would allow a list of names... and they would all
work... Either by having aliases to the other folders or simply doing
if something happens with folder $one_of_folders do this...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6  F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C