[Dovecot] Confusion of Sieve filter scripts and the file separator. (Amatuer Siever)

Jack dovecot at xjdesigns.co.nz
Tue Apr 1 10:38:22 EEST 2008

Hello,

I have just been playing around with sieve filters to split up all my
incoming mail into the correct directories. I have created some
subdirectories to put mailing list emails in and just want to check if
my thinking is correct. I am using namespaces with the '/' character as
the separator. When creating the fileinto line on my sieve scripts I
thought I would have to use the '/' character to separate the folders
(as horde mail also does), but that doesn't work (and produces a
"Invalid folder" error) instead I must use the '.' character. I am using
the dovecot deliver module and managesieve for my sieve stuff (dovecot
1.0.13). I am just wondering if this is the correct behaviour or if it
is a bug of sorts.

Cheers.

From,
Jack