[Dovecot] How to fetch mails in Spam dir by MUA via POP3?

mouss mouss at netoyen.net
Thu Apr 3 00:24:36 EEST 2008

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 4-2-2008 5:02 AM Zhang Huangbin spake the following:
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> How can i fetch mails in Spam directory by MUA (Such as Thunderbird)
>> via POP3?
>>
>> Thanks very much.
>>
> If you want to use pop3, you might need to mark mails instead of
> moving them to another box. I don't think pop3 has any concept of
> multiple mailboxes.

or he can create specific users (such as user-junk) whose mail location
points to the Junk folder...

maybe a better solution would to provide a web interface that allows
"releasing" false positives (which would then be moved to the Inbox) and
"confirming" spam. Users can eaisly spot junk and confirm it without
downloading it.