[Dovecot] Dovecot features

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Wed Apr 9 05:37:02 EEST 2008

Phan Thanh Diện wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your email.

> Unfortunately we are facing the problem I wrote about: after a user
> access mail box via web client (www.squirrel.org) he can not see emails
> any more via pop3. The reason is emails moved from 'new' to 'cur'
> although nothing done. Dovecot automatically moves.

Dovecot moves it because it is supposed to.  Messages in "new/" are messages
that the client has not "Seen" yet.  Once they've seen them, the Maildir
specs dictate the messages be moved to cur/.

> Currently with courier-imap, no matter we access via web mail or imap
> client (such as ThunderBird or Outlook) users can retrive emails via
> pop3. So my question is: does courier-imap behave abnormally or my
> dovecot mis-configured?

I couldn't say much about how courier works, having not used it.  I know
Timo and many others have investigated its behaviour, though.

I vaguely recall some Dovecot config option about how Seen is handled...
have you checked through the config file?

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net