[Dovecot] Dovecot + iPhone

Tim Riley timr at medent.com
Wed Apr 23 18:59:29 EEST 2008

dovecot version: 1.0.13 (RPM from http://atrpms.net/)
protocol: IMAP
dovecot -n:
# 1.0.13: /etc/dovecot.conf
log_path: /var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log
listen: *removed*
ssl_cert_file: /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location: mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
mbox_lazy_writes: no
imap_client_workarounds: outlook-idle delay-newmail
auth default:
  cache_size: 1024
  passdb:
    driver: pam
    args: session=yes cache_key=%u dovecot
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

I want to start out by saying that Dovecot works 100% when viewing/moving
mail (on our company mail server that I maintain) via Outlook Express and/or
Windows Mail.

I'm having issues with moving mail via my iPhone.

If I move a message from my Inbox to another folder, the mail gets
COPIED...not moved. So it exists in my Inbox as well as the folder I moved
it to.

When I test on my iPhone to Yahoo's mail server, the moved process works
100%.

Is there a Dovecot setting that needs to be tweeked or possibly another
CentOS 5 OS setting?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner & ClamAV.

This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected by law as privileged and
confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this
e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail.