[Dovecot] Connection problems using dovecot proxy

Adrian Wojcicki | Unternehmensberatung Wojcicki adrian.wojcicki at xbdx.de
Tue Apr 29 16:39:05 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 16:02 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 16:00 +0200, Adrian Wojcicki |
>> Unternehmensberatung Wojcicki wrote:
>>> Now, while this setup works using Thunderbird, iPhone, etc. I have
>>> problems connecting using a Samsung Qbowl. It simply aborts with a
>>> connection error.
>> ..
>>> Could somebody point me into a direction where to look next?
>> There isn't really anything else you can do except to look at the
>> network traffic using e.g. wireshark or ngrep to see what exactly is
>> different when using the proxy vs. when connecting directly.
>
> Actually just noticed another mail about a proxy problem, does this
> patch fix it: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.0/rev/48bfe0940a07

Had no time the last couple of days but could spare some time to try it
again today.

That was the error with the phone; it didn't accept the two-line reply.
The patch solved the problem. Thanks!