[Dovecot] path of folder relative to mail_location??

Marco Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Mon Aug 4 14:38:00 EEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 01:14:42 AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Aug 3, 2008, at 1:52 AM, Marco Fioretti wrote:
>
>>> marco:{PLAIN}thepassword:500:500::/home/marco/.MAIL/home_imap/
>
> This says your home directory is /home/marco/.MAIL/home_imap/.

whoops... for some reason, I had assumed that the last field in this
passwd file, which is needed only for imap management, had to be the
home of the **imap folders**, instead of the home directory of their
**user**.  So your suggestion (I cannot check it now as must leave in
a minute):

> So probably change the home dir in your passwd-file to be just
> /home/marco

must be certainly right, even if I cannot check it now as must leave
in a minute. I'll let you know if there are further problems, but
almost certainly this is the right solution. Silly me! :-)

Thanks,
			Marco
--
There is more to life than increasing its speed.  -- Mahatma Gandhi