[Dovecot] Experience moving mailboxes from Dovecot 0.99.14 to Dovecot 1.07 => Improvement possible

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 6 19:37:55 EEST 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 9:28 AM, Benoît DESLOGES wrote:

> Try 3:
> - Stop dovecot on SV2
> - Clear all dovecot indexes on SV2
> - Rsync of my mailbox
> - Edit mailbox and move X-UID header after the X-Keywords header

The important change was that X-UID: came after X-IMAPbase: header.

> - Start dovecot on SV2
> - Update pop setting in outlook and send/receive
>
> Result : => OK.
>
> Is that normal that dovecot is impacted by the position of the
> headers ?
> Maybe some improvement possible ?

I did think about previously if it should work like this, but it
seemed like a lot more extra work to support this kind of a situation
properly and I thought it shouldn't happen normally anyway. I guess
v0.99.x then wrote them in wrong order..