[Dovecot] Install from source of dovecot 1.1.2

Christian Schmidt christian at siebenbergen.de
Sun Aug 10 20:28:32 EEST 2008

Hello Guy,

Guy, 10.08.2008 (d.m.y):

> I have what I'm sure is a stupid question. I'm trying to install
> Dovecot 1.1.2 from source and my command sequence is this:
> cd dovecot-1.1.2
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --with-mysql
> --with-storagesmaildir --sysconfdir=/etc/dovecot
> make
> make install
> cd ../dovecot-sieve-1.1.5
> ./configure --with-dovecot=../dovecot-1.1.2
> make
> make install
>
> I don't get any errors during either install

OK, but you do "make install" as root, don't you?

> I've done the odd config on dovecot to try and keep it as close to the
> install dirs used by the Dovecot package included with Ubuntu.
> Once it's done, dovecot -n still looks in /usr/local/etc and when I
> try and start dovecot it looks for the libexec dir in /usr/local
> instead of /usr.
> Is there something I'm missing on the configure?

Please check what you $PATH variable looks like and if there exists
another dovecot in /usr/local/sbin (which maybe is mentioned in your
$PATH before /usr/sbin).
Or just call /usr/sbin dovecot -n.

Gruss/Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
You are a bundle of energy, always on the go.