[Dovecot] problems with sieve and lda

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Mon Aug 11 08:25:11 EEST 2008

Okay, after reading the wiki and list archives, I am confused.

I am attemping to get the deliver LDA working on a centos 5.1 system

# rpm -qa | grep dovecot
dovecot-1.0.7-2.el5
dovecot-sieve-1.0.2-6.el5
# rpm -qa | grep postfix
postfix-2.3.3-2

so that I can use Sieve for mail filtering to imap folders, I am using the
mbox format

Following the wiki here for system users

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix

I never get any info in the logs about cmusieve, the only way I see anything
show up is if I add the transport settings to postfix/master.cf or see below

>From reading the list archives, as best as I can tell, the only time I need
to make the changes in postfix's master.cf is if I am using a virtual
environment, otherwise for local delivery, all I need is the mailbox_command
setting in postfix/main.cf

However with that setting, I get nothing! If I then run deliver from the
command line as per a couple of mailling postings,

cat /etc/hosts | /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d localaccount at mydomain.com -f
mygmailaccount at gmail.com

I get

deliver(localaccount at mydomail.com): Aug 10 22:07:17 Info: Loading modules
from directory: /usr/lib/dovecot/lda
deliver(localaccount at mydomail.com): Aug 10 22:07:17 Info: Module loaded:
/usr/lib/dovecot/lda/lib90_cmusieve_plugin.so
deliver(localaccount at mydomail.com): Aug 10 22:07:17 Error: Can't connect to
auth server at /var/run/dovecot/auth-master: No such file or directory

Config stuff (dovecot -n)

    # 1.0.7: /etc/dovecot.conf
    log_path: /var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log
    info_log_path: /var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log
    protocols: imaps pop3s
    listen(default): *:143
    listen(imap): *:143
    listen(pop3): [::]
    ssl_listen(default): *:943
    ssl_listen(imap): *:943
    ssl_listen(pop3):
    ssl_cert_file: /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.cert
    ssl_key_file: /etc/pki/tls/private/my.domain.tld.key
    verbose_ssl: yes
    login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
    login_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
    login_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
    login_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
    mail_location:
    mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u:INDEX=~/mail/.imap/.imap/indexes/
    mail_debug: yes
    mail_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
    mail_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
    mail_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3
    mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
    mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
    mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3
    auth default:
      passdb:
        driver: pam
      userdb:
        driver: passwd

postfix/main.cf has

mailbox_commmand = /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver

A .dovecot.sieve file with the following contents for testing purposes is
located at ~/mail

require "fileinto";
if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "Subject" "**SPAM**"  {
        fileinto "Trash";
        stop;
}

The LDA section from the dovecot.conf file

    protocol lda {
      # Address to use when sending rejection mails.
      # postmaster_address =
      # Hostname to use in various parts of sent mails, eg. in Message-Id.
      # Default is the system's real hostname.
      #hostname =
      # Support for dynamically loadable plugins. mail_plugins is a space
    separated
      # list of plugins to load.
      mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/lda
      mail_plugins = cmusieve
      # Binary to use for sending mails.
      #sendmail_path = /usr/lib/sendmail
      # UNIX socket path to master authentication server to find users.
      #auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      #sieve_global_path =
      script_path = ~/.dovecot.sieve
      log_path = /var/log/dovecot/deliverlog
      info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot/deliverlog
      debug = yes
    }

What am I missing here to getting this working
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting