[Dovecot] problems with sieve and lda

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Mon Aug 11 14:24:12 EEST 2008

Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
> Following the wiki here for system users
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix
>
> I never get any info in the logs about cmusieve, the only way I see anything
> show up is if I add the transport settings to postfix/master.cf or see below
>
> >From reading the list archives, as best as I can tell, the only time I need
> to make the changes in postfix's master.cf is if I am using a virtual
> environment, otherwise for local delivery, all I need is the mailbox_command
> setting in postfix/main.cf
>
> However with that setting, I get nothing! If I then run deliver from the
> command line as per a couple of mailling postings,
>
> cat /etc/hosts | /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d localaccount at mydomain.com -f
> mygmailaccount at gmail.com
>
> I get
>
> deliver(localaccount at mydomail.com): Aug 10 22:07:17 Info: Loading modules
> from directory: /usr/lib/dovecot/lda
> deliver(localaccount at mydomail.com): Aug 10 22:07:17 Info: Module loaded:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/lda/lib90_cmusieve_plugin.so
> deliver(localaccount at mydomail.com): Aug 10 22:07:17 Error: Can't connect to
> auth server at /var/run/dovecot/auth-master: No such file or directory

To use -d ACCOUNT, you need a master socket where deliver looks up user
information: see the "Virtual Users" section in
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA . But if you are not using virtual users
(and only used -d to test), you should not need it.

How are you calling deliver in postfix? Do you see in postfix's logs the
messages being handled to deliver?

--
Deadwood, n.:
	Anyone in your company who is more senior than you are.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb