[Dovecot] problems with sieve and lda

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Mon Aug 11 19:53:32 EEST 2008

On 11 Aug 2008 at 8:24, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> To use -d ACCOUNT, you need a master socket where deliver looks up
> user information: see the "Virtual Users" section in
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA . But if you are not using virtual users
> (and only used -d to test), you should not need it.

Yes, that's what I figured, the lda/postfix link in the wiki makes it seem
really simple, change one setting and you're done.

> How are you calling deliver in postfix? Do you see in postfix's logs the
> messages being handled to deliver?

Exactly as noted at the wiki page above which says all I need to do is enter
the proper path to deliver in mailbox_command in main.cf.

With this set, emails make it to the inbox but I never see ANY reference to
deliver in the logs, it's only when I run the deliver command manually from
the cli or enabled the changes in the master.cf that anything shows up in the
deliver log.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting