[Dovecot] dovecot-antispam: Failed to read mail beginning, Next message unexpectedly lost

Mikael Jenkler mikael.jenkler at bwin.org
Wed Aug 20 13:46:35 EEST 2008

Jiri Novosad wrote:

> Mikael Jenkler wrote:
>> I have some issues to with dovecot 1.1.x, it seams buggish
>> do you also have this issue?

>> There is a issue with dovecot-antispam and the new dovecot-1.1.x
>> (dovecot-1.1.1)
>> The imap server dies when sending mail, the mail goes away but it
>> says that the imap server has crached in squirrelmail.
>>
>> I get the standard signal 11 crach in the dovecot loggs
>
> I don't use squirrelmail.
Ok but it seams that the antispam plugin is unstable, the error only
exist when loading the plugin.

>> another question?
>>
>> My dspam users has the email as username somthing at domain.com
>> dovecot.conf i need to specify the user when training, is there a w
>> way to get the resiptient address in the dovecot.conf? i am only able
>> to get %u ie the username ;-(
>
> You could use the mailtrain (antispam_mail_sendmail) backend and using
> a custom script somehow look up the correct sender from the username.
> Then hand the mail off to dspam.
>
> J. N.
I relly don't want to use mailtrain because i call dspam from postfix
master.cf, i don't want extra scripts
The best solution for now is training all mail for 1 user (a static
username) its relly crapy that dovecot is not able to parse the mail
header for the reciptent address