[Dovecot] namespaces...

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 19:55:50 EEST 2008

Hi,

I am new to dovecot and I am a bit confused with how namespaces/prefixes/separators are handled by the clients and dovecot...
I tried to understand the desciption from the conf file but without success.

With each conf I create the following path /f1/f2 on the client (thunderbird) and get the following on the dovecot server:

  PREFIX= and separator=/  => .INBOX.f1.f2 + .INBOXTrash
  PREFIX=INBOX/ and separator=/  => .f1.f2 and no Trash

PREFIX=INBOX. and separator=.  => .f1.f2 and no Trash

Could someone point me to some IMAP for dummy web page...?  ;D
Or, what is the best conf able to handle most clients?

Thx,
JD