[Dovecot] syncml with server push email

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Aug 28 02:33:35 EEST 2008

Harondel J. Sibble schrieb:

> On 27 Aug 2008 at 11:54, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>
>> use horde webmail newest version connected to dovecot, it has a full
>> featured syncml server for calender , tasks, addresses
>
> Heh, I am looking for email syncing over syncml, I already have syncing of
> those things working with eGroupWare. All I need is email syncing working
> now.

what do you miss
with imap ?

i recently tested courier, cyrus and dovecot
with horde syncml

if you use i.e cyrus with all features
i cant think what you might miss
its full platform and os compatibel
and has nearly 95 % features of
paid setups like exchange outlook
i dont tested egroupware but last time i looked on it it seemed to be a
very nice solution  ( depends on what you need )

there isnt really a need for pushmail in my mind
since imap idle is there

pushmail makes only lot of unneeded
traffic which makes providers happy for paying it,

but i see no tec reason to have it ,cause imap idle makes the same
results very much cheaper and its a open well tested standart
so why use other stuff fuer syncing mail ?

By the way ,gmx ,sells imap idle as pushmail *g
and your question isnt really related to dovecot

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria