[Dovecot] syncml with server push email

Steve Roemen stever at carlislefsp.com
Wed Aug 27 17:57:32 EEST 2008

Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
> Any recommendations for server push email using syncml and dovecot?
>
> I am familiar with Funambol for syncing pim info, but not used it for email.
>
> Are there any recommended opensource or commercial syncml servers that are
> known to integrate nicely with Dovecot 1.x?  Googling hasn't really turned up
> much in the way of useful info.
>
> To mix it up a little, I was using Funambol for the Pim stuff, but ran into a
> bunch of issues and switched to eGroupWare which has it's own syncml ability
> which works quite nicely with my pda. I stopped using Funambol as the server
> didn't properly deal with the conversion from vcal to ical and as a result
> appointments synced on the pda end, always ended up 8 hours early :-( This
> was going from ThunderBird to Windows Mobile, so I am hoping to avoid this
> happening again.

I use Funambol to push email to clients, I'm using courier at the moment
(that's going to change here in a few), but using it on dovecot
shouldn't matter.  I ran into the time problem too, and found that I had
to set the client's timezone preference and set it to force a conversion
within the admin package.

Steve