[Dovecot] GETQUOTAROOT (part 2)

Patrick Medina cpjmedina at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 19:15:34 EEST 2008

> After 5120 bytes the maildirsize file is rebuilt by reading
> through the entire maildir. This is also what Courier did.

Thank you for the quick reply and clarification.  I was not
aware of this behavior before.

> So what exactly happens when the maildirsize is rebuilt?
> You mean all bytes are counted, except from INBOX?

Everything is normal (counted) when the file is rebuilt
at 5120 bytes.

The problem seems to be when, upon migration to dovecot,
the maildirsize file was already over 5120 bytes (5128,
even 5148, normally consisting of one file entry line).
With this size, dovecot behaves as if there is no
maildirsize file present in the user's maildir.