[Dovecot] GETQUOTAROOT (part 2)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Aug 30 19:17:59 EEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-30 at 09:15 -0700, Patrick Medina wrote:
> > So what exactly happens when the maildirsize is rebuilt?
> > You mean all bytes are counted, except from INBOX?
>
> Everything is normal (counted) when the file is rebuilt
> at 5120 bytes.
>
> The problem seems to be when, upon migration to dovecot,
> the maildirsize file was already over 5120 bytes (5128,
> even 5148, normally consisting of one file entry line).
> With this size, dovecot behaves as if there is no
> maildirsize file present in the user's maildir.

If there is no maildirsize file present, it's created. So I'm still not
sure what's happening with you. Is it not returning the quota at all?
How did you configure quota? Did you specify the limits in
userdb/dovecot.conf or were you relying on the limits from maildirsize
file? I guess if you were relying on limits from maildirsize file there
could have been some bugs in old Dovecot versions.