[Dovecot] v1.1.3 release candidate

Thomas Zajic zlatko at zlatko.fdns.net
Sun Aug 31 08:22:29 EEST 2008

* Timo Sirainen, 2008-08-30 15:33

> I thought about making a release now, but I'll probably do some more
> fixes tomorrow, so here's a prerelease for everyone to test. :) If you
> see any bugs with this (old or new), please report.
> [...]

The expire plugin using MySQL as a backend still doesn't work at
all here, the table remains empty and doesn't ever get updated
(see http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-August/032687.html).

[root at airframe]:~# dovecot -n
# 1.1.3: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_greeting_capability: yes
mail_max_userip_connections: 20
verbose_proctitle: yes
mail_location: maildir:/home/%u/Maildir:INBOX=/home/%u/Maildir/.INBOX
fsync_disable: yes
mail_plugins: expire fts fts_squat
auth default:
  mechanisms: plain digest-md5 cram-md5
  passdb:
    driver: passwd-file
    args: /usr/local/etc/dovecot-passwd
  userdb:
    driver: passwd
  socket:
    type: listen
    master:
      path: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode: 384
plugin:
  expire: Trash 30 Junk 60
  expire_dict: proxy::expire
  fts: squat
  fts_squat: partial=4 full=6
dict:
  expire: mysql:/usr/local/etc/dovecot-sql-expire.conf

[root at airframe]:~# cat /usr/local/etc/dovecot-sql-expire.conf
driver = mysql
connect = host=/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock user=dovecot password=XYZ dbname=dovecot
table = expire
select_field = when
where_field = path
username_field = username

[root at airframe]:~# mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51, for slackware-linux-gnu (i486) using  EditLine wrapper

Any news on this?

Thanks,
Thomas