[Dovecot] many users maildir access

VK vk4vk4 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 11:30:08 EEST 2008

Hi All,
Is it possible when using Dovecot and MySQL to tell dovecot
maildir:%h/MailDir -- Yes I know but please read on before you answer this
one :->

We have users directories layer structured because of the filesystems 32k
directory limit ,
eg: user foobar at example.com's home mail directory is:
/mailhosts/example.com/f/fo/foo/foobar

I know Dovecot takes  maildir:%d/%u/MailDir    but as you see this will not
work, so I guess I'm after the defination of %h, is that home as in system
users home, or home as is like our setup? Or, is there yet another way we
could have Dovecot access the users mail, we need to ove away from our
current <insert_wellknown_pop3/imap> setup as it is just to slow, and I know
dovecot has a 30 fold increase on speed over it from talknig to other
people, but none of them do anymore then the /domain/user setup so cant help
me.

Regards,
Vic