[Dovecot] GETQUOTAROOT (part 2)

Patrick Medina cpjmedina at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 20:34:47 EEST 2008

Relevant dovecot configuration:

  protocol imap {
    mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
    mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib64/dovecot/imap
    listen = 127.0.0.1:143
  }

  plugin {
    quota = maildir
  }

Relevant postfix configuration:

  mailbox_command = /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver

I am exclusively using maildirsize files to enforce quotas.

> If there is no maildirsize file present, it's created.
> So I'm still not sure what's happening with you.  Is it not
> returning the quota at all?

If the maildirsize file is > 5119 bytes, no quota at all.

1 getquotaroot INBOX
* QUOTAROOT "INBOX" ""
* QUOTA "" ()
1 OK Getquotaroot completed.

new emails do not register in maildirsize, neither do
deleted emails (using imap via webmail).

Did some further testing:
1.  maildirsize was initially = 5119 bytes
2.  login via imap command line, verified GETQUOTAROOT
    returns correct quota, then logged out
3.  sent test email and is delivered by deliver
4.  maildirsize is updated but now = 5126 bytes
   (i.e. it is _not_ recreated)
5.  log in again and GETQUOTAROOT now returns empty
6.  quota thereafter no longer works

Interestingly, it's a different story if I stay logged
on the imap command line:
1.  maildirsize was initially = 5119 bytes
2.  login via imap command line, verified GETQUOTAROOT
    returns correct quota, do not log out
3.  sent test email and is delivered by deliver
4.  maildirsize is updated but now = 5126 bytes
   (i.e. it is _not_ recreated, _yet_)
5.  from the same imap session, again issue GETQUOTAROOT
6.  correct quota is returned and maildirsize has been
   recreated with only limit and updated total usage as
   contents

Anyway, will try to migrate to the 1.1 version and see
if this problem goes away for me.  Thank you for your
attention.