[Dovecot] Firewalls are [essentially] free - WAS: Re: Source patches from Apple

Giuliano Gavazzi dev+lists at humph.com
Mon Dec 15 10:19:06 EET 2008

On S 14 Dec, 2008, at 19:42 , Charles Marcus wrote:

>>> But I think, like Zed, this thread is dead.
>
>> uh? who is this Zed? My remark was just a frivolous post mortem then.
>
> Its a reference to the movie 'Pulp Fiction'...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Yp2L6c2KM

what? They don't wear no helmet...
I must admit I missed that movie!

To make this post less idle, let me say that even without patches
dovecot runs very well on Mac OS X, both server and client (10.5 and
10.4), under launchd. I am glad nevertheless that Apple is taking an
interest in it; maybe one day my setups (exim + courier once, now exim
+ dovecot) will be more standard ones.

Giuliano