[Dovecot] appending domain based on port

Eric Hester eric.hester at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 19:54:46 EET 2008

Sorry, now that I reread the comment for listen I see it says space
separated list. I'm not sure this is clear to everyone that it can be
used to listen on multiple ports as there are wiki pages showing how
to use iptables to get additional ports:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Iptables

The patch worked for %a perfectly. I also had to start returning
nopassword in my passdb query, but I am now up and working. Now I just
have to do some testing on 1.1 to make sure I am comfortable running
it in production over 1.0.10 which I currently have.

If anyone cares here is my query.. it is a little complex because I
use it to lookup against two tables and use the first match : a table
called proxymap to proxy the user offsite if they havent been migrated
yet, and a @mail sql user db if the user is local. the union makes it
so all I have to do is delete the user from proxymap when they are
migrated and they stop proxying.

#proxymap and atmail query (if entry is in proxy map it wins out over
atmail tables)
password_query = SELECT  '3000' AS userdb_uid,  '3000' AS userdb_gid,
proxymap.user AS user,  NULL as password, host, 'Y' as proxy, 'Y' as
nologin, 'Y' as nodelay, 'Y' as nopassword, NULL as userdb_home, NULL
as quota from proxymap where proxymap.user =
IF(INSTR('%u','@')=0,CONCAT('%u','@',(select domain from portdomainmap
where port='%a')),'%u') UNION SELECT  '3000' AS userdb_uid,  '3000' AS
userdb_gid,  UserSession.Account AS user,  MD5(UserSession.Password)
AS password, NULL as host, NULL as proxy,  NULL as nologin, NULL as
nodelay, NULL as nopassword, Users.Maildir as userdb_home,
CONCAT('maildir:storage=',Users.UserQuota) as userdb_quota FROM
Users,UserSession where UserSession.Account = Users.Account and
UserSession.Account = IF(INSTR('%u','@')=0,CONCAT('%u','@',(select
domain from portdomainmap where port='%a')),'%u') limit 1;

#atmail compatible query for delivery agent
user_query = SELECT '3000' AS uid, '3000' AS gid, Users.Maildir as
home FROM Users,UserSession where UserSession.Account = Users.Account
and UserSession.Account = '%u'