[Dovecot] mailbox not acceced

Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo nebano at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 18:34:43 EET 2008

i was looking your mail and as I have a data base i added a field to
de data base I modified the script so it lokks like this.

#!/bin/sh
echo "update mailbox set last_log = now() WHERE username = '$USER'" |
mysql postfix
exec /usr/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/pop3

but nothing gets written to the field.
I think there is a problem with the value of variable $USER, as this
is a shell script.
Any Ideas?