[Dovecot] 1.0.10 / Quota postlogin / Deliver - Not working according to the wiki?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Feb 15 16:45:07 EET 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 15:40 +0100, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:
> -------------------------
> #!/bin/sh
>
> # Read users quota
> if [ -f ~/quota ]; then
>   export QUOTA=`cat ~/quota`
> fi
>
> # Start IMAP session
> exec /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
> -------------------------
>
> User without a quota-file in their homedirs get a quota set in dovecot.conf.

Sure this works for IMAP.

> Im using LDA. According to the wiki this should not work:

Because the script is run only when logging in with IMAP, not when
delivering new mails, so deliver runs with the default quota limit.

> According to my tests it does indeed work. What is not supposed to work?

The script is definitely not run by deliver, but maybe you've managed to
make it work some other way (or you misunderstood something). One
possibility would be to set $QUOTA before running deliver and making
sure deliver doesn't override it.